Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of First Grade

Jaxon Cole LaRue
first grade
Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
Bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

Then you will win favor and
a good name in the sight of God and man.

Proverbs 3:3-4
This is the scripture that Jaxon's school has built its theme around for this year. The their theme is word power. They will correlate their daily and weekly lessons with this theme. I have no doubt that this will be an exciting year full of so many lessons, memories and blessings. I am so grateful that Jaxon is able to attend Holy Cross and that the staff and students feel like a giant extended family. We were all so excited to go back this morning and see everyone and give everyone great big hugs!
Its a family tradition to decorate the breakfast table for all of our special days and of course the first day of school is no exception! I love watching the kids discover the themed tables in the morning. Its almost like they are witnessing magic :) They go to bed to an empty boring table and wake up to a mini celebration just for them. Of course I never plan  what I will be putting on the table until its 11:00pm and I need to get it done  before I fall asleep standing up... Luckily all of our fresh homework supplies made the perfect decor for the first day of school.

He couldn't decide what he wanted for Breakfast so he chose a little bit of all of his "easy" favorites. Just FYI that is a pancake and sausage on a stick not a corn dog for breakfast ;)

He is so excited to be a first grader!
He was very excited to sport his new backpack and lunch box. Since this is his first year going full day it is the first time we got to pack a lunch (of course I couldn't wait to tuck in a little love note <3) and his first year with a real backpack. He feels very grown up!!

Of course his back pack, lunch box, thermos and folders are all batman. We didn't agree on the back pack choice at first but came to a compromise on this one.. He got his way of course ;) but its cute.

We put together a little treat for the teacher. A teacher survival kit :) It really wasn't much, but it was fun to make. It included things like highlighters with a tag saying "because you are the highlight of their day" and paper clips with a tag that read "because you hold it all together" If any of you want the instructions let me know. It really was a cute little project.

Jaxon would take a gift to his teachers every day if I would let him. They deserve it too! :)
Off to school we go! Its always so exciting. I love that they encourage us to come in and say hello. I got so caught up in all of the emotions and trying to keep baby sister from coming unhinged that I really forgot to take any good classroom or teacher pics... shame on me! But Dillyn was having a very hard time leaving big brother in class and was nearly impossible to hold her and the camera... so here is what I got:
Greeting Mrs. Zentell. I promise he was excited... just a little overwhelmed right here I think :) She gave him a big ol hug and walked him over to hang up his back pack. We love her already.

Then his best buddy spotted him and gave him a note and shared a giggle or two. They are seriously too cute. Then Ethan showed Jaxon where they put their lunch boxes every day.
I love how much they love and take care of each other! They are just too sweet and I am so glad that they have each other!
After we got his gear all set up he made his way to his desk and got right to work.
He blew us a little kiss and sent us on our way.
Baby D and I headed to the boohoo breakfast that the school hosts every year for the moms (and sisters) like us that aren't quite ready to see them grow up... and boo-hoo I did. Not as much because I am sad, but more because I am so proud of the awesome little man that he is becoming. I literally feel like he has the whole world at his fingertips and he is just going to conquer it all. He amazes me every day. I cannot believe that he is 6 already! Or that he is in 1st grade! Time flies by a little faster every day.
I eventually made my way home and managed to get quite a bit done today even though we missed him every second. I even baked some cookies so I can surprise him with cookies and milk this afternoon when he gets home. I have always wanted to do that :)
Have a great first week of school y'all! I'm off to pick up my lil man!
xoxoxo
*Jen*

No comments:

Post a Comment