Friday, August 12, 2011

The one and only time.

Today I was going through Dillyn's Closet and stumbled upon this beautiful little dress that she has practically outgrown. It's a size 12-18 months and she is now 20 months.
She has never worn it. NOT ONCE.
I promptly put it on her and headed to the empty field at the end of the neighborhood to take her picture in it, just so I could prove that she did wear it... if only the one time :)

She wasn't exactly in the mood to model. It may have been the dry itchy grass....
or the 102* at 7:00pm... or the lack of a nap... or just simply because I wanted to take her picture...
But she still looked beautiful.

I love everything about this sweet dress! Especially the flouncy little skirt! It kind of reminds me of a flapper dress in a way.
She simply was not going to let me take her picture so we decided to walk down to a neighborhood park.
She loves to walk this particular path because of the little bridge where we stop and look at the water. This summer the water is long gone, but she still had fun climbing the railing and calling for the water. "Yoohoo water? where are you water?"

We finally made it to the park where she headed straight for her favorite slide... up and down up and down up and down about a hundred times!

She loves to play and climb and crawl and giggle! This is much more fun than modeling
her cute dress for me apparently.

She spilled her entire water down the front of her dress, filled her shoes with mulch, sat in the dirt and crawled through the leaves, but she was still the prettiest princess at the park <3

She had so much fun and so did I... these simple little everyday adventures are what I live for.
Her dress now  has a memory attached to it even if this was the one and only time she got to wear it.














No comments:

Post a Comment